HAPPY OAKS DAY!!!!
- DOT, DIGGITY: Louisville’s .232 team avg and 4.86 team era are both 13th in the IL…The Bats are hitting .259 (76-293) through the first nine games of the current 12-game road trip… LOU is tied for last in the IL with NOR with its .195avg w/RISP…The Bats are 6-9 against teams starting a RHP…The Bats are 6-10 against teams with a record below .500…The Bats are 8-3 when they score first…The Bats are 4-3 in one run games…OF Daryl Jones has nine hits on the year and seven for extra bases (3 2b, 1 3b, 3hr)…Felix Perez is on a seven-game hitting streak and Neftali Soto has a eight-game streak…RHP Sean Gallagher’s quality start last night was the 10th of the season for the Bats. They are 7-3 when a quality start is recorded.
- ON THE MOUND: LHP Ron Mahay makes his first start of the season for the Bats and it marks his first start since 9/3/2005 while with the Frisco RoughRiders. He made five appearances with the RoughRiders in 2005, all starts, and was 1-3 with a 7.78 era. Mahay has made 11 apperances with the Bats in 2012, compiling a 1-0 record with a 3.95 era. His longest outing of the season is three innings last time out on 4/30 at NOR.
- EXTRA, EXTRA: For the third time in the last four games, the Bats played extras last night. They are now 1-3 in extra inning games. Last year the Bats were 9-8 in extra innings.
- EIGHT MEN OUT: With yesterday’s win and Toledo’s win, the Bats remain eight games back in the IL West Division race. Last year the Bats fell a season-high 16.0 games back on 8/13, 9/3 and 9/4. They were not eight games out of the race until 5/27.
- CONTROL PROBLEMS: On the season Bats pitchers have walked a league high 33 batters. GWN is second with 124 walks. The Bats have 218 strikeouts to 129 walks, which is just a 1.69-to-1 K/BB ratio. Three times, including yesterday Monday, the Bats have walked ten or more batters. They walked ten on 4/17 vs. TOL, 11 on 4/19 vs. TOL and a season-high 13 on Monday vs. NOR. Louisville hadn’t walked 11 batters in one game since 4/25/05 and ten was the season high in 2007, 2010 and 2011. Monday marked the first time that the Bats have walked 13 in a game since July 6, 1998 when the Redbirds lost to Indy at Cardinal Stadium (Johnny Ruffin 5, Robert Ellis 1, Rafael Roque 2, Al Sadler 4, Matt Dunbar 1).
Filed Under: Uncategorized
About the Author: